Home

Monday, June 23, 2014

ALTERED STATES: "My Guardian Angel" continued

I said I would update you When I got home from the Veterinarian's.  Here it is Monday morning and my state of Alteration occurred on Friday morning.  Needless to say it was a very busy weekend for my Mommy and Daddy.  I don't have opposable thumbs so I couldn't type this for you.
 
Mommy was there, almost to the minute, to pick me up.  There was some kind of accident on 44 which had the traffic going east, backed up at a stand still for 20 minutes.  Mommy was only 1 mile from the exit.  You can't believe how frustrated she was.  She was worried about me and didn't like sitting in the 94 degree, bright sun, waiting to get to the exit to come and get me.
 
When she came in the office, I heard her speaking with the receptionist.  I hollered a big woof and a whine.  Mommy said, "Hi Boychik, I hear you."  They talked some more, waiting for someone to come and get me from the cage.  That stainless steel they are made from maybe nice to clean but it sure is cold on my tuchus.  
 
They brought me out to mommy and I could hardly keep still.  I wriggled and they thought I was going to make a hole in the wall.  I was wagging my tail so hard and banging it against the wall.
Mommy was told how to take care of me and they mentioned I would be sleeping a lot and with the pain I could be given an aspirin twice a day.  The general stuff including what activities I could or couldn't do.  I wasn't listening very closely.  Someone had brought a cat in in the carrier and I wanted to see it in the worst way.
 
Doc's office is located right next to Highway 44.  That's an interstate which is never, not busy.  (It is the old Hwy 66 of the 1950's fame.)  Doc told a young man to help me and mommy out.  I left him standing in my dust.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  When I got outside there were 8 cars to chose from.  I ran to the fourth car.  Why not, it was my car.  Mommy was so surprised I knew where to go.  When they opened the door I jumped in.  They had forgotten to tell me it would hurt and I shouldn't do it.  Right then even if they had told me I wouldn't have listened.  I wanted to be home so bad.  My eyes were heavy but I had to sit up and make sure we were going the correct direction.  That was the longest drive.  In actuality is was only 15 minutes.  When mommy got home we didn't even stop to close the gate.  She was worried I would pull a stunt and jump out when she opened the door.   Guess what?  She was right I would have done just that. 
 
When we got to the house and she opened the door,  the first thing I did was head to my favorite potty place.  That was an "aaaahhhhh" moment. You know one of those times when you have to go so bad that when you finish, you let out a big sigh of relief.  They didn't say but they must have given me fluids while I was in that state where they were altering me.   I never pottied so much in my whole life.  Mom was telling me, in a joking voice, I could stop going any time.
 
When I finished I shook myself and looked at her and ran down the hill.  (She didn't know I heard them tell her I should be kept in and kept quiet.)  I saw a squirrel and just had to see where he was going.  She hollered at me and I pretended I didn't hear her.  I had my nose to the ground and the woods were where I wanted to be.   She stopped calling and went in the house.  I know she was really frightened for me.  I showed back up about 10 minutes later.  Boy was that stuff they gave me kicking me in the head.  I crashed on the carpet in front of the TV.
 
It wasn't a long nap, maybe thirty minutes and then I had to do the mental telepathy thing and hope mommy would understand.  I had to go real bad.  I gave her "the look".  She turns to dad and said, "Why can't he go to the door and bark.  I think he is asking to go to the bathroom." 
 
When she opened the door she didn't even have to tell me to "Go Potty."  I was knocking her down to get out.  I went and went and went and then went some more.  Boy was that a relief.  Mommy said, "Come on, let's go back in."  I gave her another look and off to the woods I ran.  It was so good to be home I had to check out again my favorite haunts.  I had to make sure no one absconded with them.
 
I came back about 10 minutes later and mommy was standing in the door with her hands on her hips.  She asked me if I had heard I was supposed to feel bad.  I didn't want to listen, I needed to get back in the house.  My head was starting to swim again from the left over anesthetic.  I didn't get ten feet inside the front door and I crashed in front of the computer desk. 
 
Daddy came home about 20 minutes later.  I'm thinking "Whoopee, Daddy's home, I get to eat.  She feeds me everyday when Daddy gets home."  I ran over to my bowl and sat.  I always sit when she is mixing my food.  She saw me and told Daddy to come and look.  They knew what I wanted but they weren't dishing it up.  You see the doc told them nothing before 7 o'clock.  Don't they realize every one's constitution is different.  I was ready to eat.  They hadn't given me breakfast.  They don't know I remember that.  They took away all my water last night.  I love a nice cold drink of well water.  In fact a little dabble won't do me.  I have to slurp up at least 2 cups at a time.
 
I tried to stare them down, I even followed them around.  I was so close they were tripping over me.  They still wouldn't feed me.  Then "the straw that broke the camels" back happened.  They put the knife in and turned it.  They betrayed me.  They went to the back door and one of those pesky raccoons was at the back door asking for a snack.  This is a picture of one of the grandmas who comes up to eat.  They are like pets.  They even scratch at the door to tell mommy they are hungry. 
 
Mommy then turns and in her hand are 5 pieces of Dog food.  She says, "I'm so sorry you can't eat yet.  I'll give you a teeny snack."   It was so good but then I needed water. Mommy read my mind.  She put 1 cup in a bowl.  It was so good but there wasn't enough.  I whined at her and told her I wanted more.  She looked at me with sad eyes and said, "Wait a while baby, you'll get sick with more."  I went over to my bed and pouted.  All of a sudden I had the worse feeling.  My stomach was grabbing at my sides.  Geesh the water and the 5 nibbles were on their way up.  Mommy was so sweet, she cooed at me and told me it was okay.  Then she cleaned it up.  OY did I feel bad.  I laid down and went to sleep for an hour. 
 
When I woke up I went outside and the same routine happened. 
Boy did I have to go.  I returned to the house and when I came in Mommy had a surprise for me.  She picked up my bowl and started counting.  She stopped at 2 scoops, I always get 5 scoops.  That's not enough.  She put the bowl on the towel (I have to have it on a towel or I push it all over the kitchen, also I am pretty much a slob when I eat.)  That 2 scoops was only enough to whet my appetite.  I kept nudging mom to make me some more. 
 
All of a sudden I had the urge I didn't have time to do the stare I had to go.  I ran around the corner and went in my bed.  Mom seemed to have her vibe feelers out because all of a sudden she was there.  She just picked up the bedding and as she was doing it she didn't yell at me or anything.   She just said she was so sorry for not putting me outside immediately after I ate.  She told dad as much as I had been pottying she should have known the pressure of the food would give me the urge.
 
The rest of the weekend was a breeze.  Mommy and Daddy went out to a graduation party.  They were worried about me being alone.  They came home earlier than I thought they would.  But it wasn't just me they were worried about.  A huge thunderstorm blew up and rained 2 inches in 30 minutes.  It hit just as they got home.  I was glad they were home.  I needed to go real bad.  She let me out. As soon as I felt 2 drops on my head I ran back in.  It continued raining but at a slower pace.  Daddy took me out to my potty place and I went.  (I was so afraid of the lightening).  When we came in I had so much fun getting rubbed down.  They didn't want me to shake the rain all over but I got in a shake before they could get the towel over me.
 
Sunday Morning They decided they could trust me to be home alone again.  They headed to the movies and for some shopping.  They were gone for 5 hours.  I did real good. When they came home they called my big brother and told him he was right  The movie was great.  They said it was every bit as good as the first one, maybe even better.  They went to see "How to train your Dragon II". 
 
I was so glad to see them when they got home.  I don't like it when they are gone.
 
If you are considering "Altering your pet" don't worry about causing him/her undue pain.  The only discomfort I felt was the wooziness from the anesthetic.  If I had any pain I didn't exhibit it.  Mommy gave me an aspirin before she went to bed.  She told Dad, "I don't think he needs it, but when we have any procedure done it always seems to hurt at night even if it didn't hurt  during the day."   I slept like a baby.  I was more active than Mommy wanted me to be but there was no way she could stop me. 
 
The only thing I had that bothered me was the stitches.  I noticed them and thought they were something which didn't belong there.  Twice I was told "NO" to leave them alone.  I did as I was told.  Within 24 hours I didn't even remember  they were there.  If you have a puppy who is obsessive about preening you might have to get them one of those collars so they can't mess with the "Alteration".
 
I forgot to update you on "Baby".  He's much older than I am.  Probably about three.  If you were worried how he did.  No worries, he jumped up on their bed and was fine.  He ate without even upchucking.  His only problem was the trip.  He hissed and spit at everyone and everything.  It seems when he is not in Mommy and Daddy's bedroom he returns to his feral cat mentality.
 
You know, I like this house dog stuff.  I like being part of a family.  I love when they laugh because I have done something cute.  This morning my cuteness thing,  I found a tiny mouse the cats had caught and left.  They don't eat them the just play with them.  I rescued it.  I was so gentle with it.  I held it softly in my mouth and took it too my bed.  My feelings were hurt when Mommy picked it up and took it away.  I would love to have a little friend to love and preen.  The cats still won't let me cuddle them, but I do get to sniff 3 of them.
 
Other blog sites by me:
 
A blog mostly about quilting,
cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
 Tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
 Check out "A MYSTERY IN THE MAKING"
A mystery quilt designed with the novice in mind.
 
Where I have stories of my cats and other pets
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
A "Soap box" blog where I do air my opinions.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry,
blogs about Seed sprouting, insects, and garden pictures
Blog about an endangered beneficial beetle
 
All recipes, pictures, and writings are my own.
I give credit for items which belong to other people in my blogs .
Please do not copy without permission

1 comment: