Home

Monday, June 2, 2014

I HAVE A TUMMY ACHE

In the following blog I wrote of Boychik's eating the scrub brush.
 
Today I walked by the shelf where I put the other half so I could show Doc if we had complications from the ingestion.  I thought I should picture this, no one is going to believe he swallowed it!
For size comparison I have used my AARP card and my Sams  card.  Yes, this item slid right down.  I had been saying it was 6 inches.  It is a full 8 inches.  This morning we have been having similar close encounters of the dangerous kind.
 
He is learning how to be a house dog.  Learning, what we don't eat and what is edible.  The litter boxes are very attractive to his taste buds (we have multiple cats, so there are multiple boxes).  I have had to remind him several times NO.  I think we are going to have to make new sites for boxes.
 
Earlier this morning he encountered our Siamese cat "Spirit" in the bathroom.  He has been checking to see if she has returned there.  On one of these trips he came out of the bathroom with his mouth full.  I asked him what he had and said sternly, "Drop it".  In his mouth was a TV gizmo.  Not a half hour later I heard him lay down on the floor in front of the full light door.  Then I heard chewing.  I knew there was nothing over there to chew on so I went to look.  He had gone fishing in the basket of vacuum cleaner attachments and found the rubber round brush and was enjoying the massage it was giving his gums.  I said, "Boychik, Drop it."  He responded, immediately letting it roll from his mouth.  He had the most disappointed dejected look on his face.
 
He moved over to lay down behind an arm chair.  I said, "That's a good boy", the next sound I heard was the ripping of cloth.  He reached up above his head and pinched the fabric and pulled it, tearing it.  Geesh, what's next.
 
I thought I've got to get him something to chew on that's his.  he has a small log he carries around when he's out side.  I went out and got it and put it on the floor.  He didn't seem interested.  I went out and got a new log, larger and longer with no bark.  A real hard smooth log.  He thought that was grand.  He drug it in his cage and chewed for about 10 minutes.  Then he jumped up and ran out and grabbed his little log.  He acted like someone was going to take it.  He put that in his cage.  He must have been bored with chewing.  He left the cage and is now at my feet, stretched out, snoring loudly.  He has no desire to stay outside.  BTW, We have had two more mental stare downs which I have now realized are pleas to go out.  We have had potty success each time and I haven't had to tell him to go potty., but I do have to walk to the end of the ramp or he wont walk out there. 
 
It may be a frustrating day, but it definitely is not boring.
 
Other blog sites by me:
 

A blog mostly about quilting,
cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
 Tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
 Check out "A MYSTERY IN THE MAKING"
A mystery quilt designed with the novice in mind. 
 
Where I have stories of my cats and other pets
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
A "Soap box" blog where I do air my opinions.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry,
blogs about Seed sprouting, insects, and garden pictures
Blog about an endangered beneficial beetle
 
All recipes, pictures, and writings are my own.
I give credit for items which belong to other people in my blogs .
Please do not copy without permission
 



No comments:

Post a Comment