Home

Friday, June 13, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: SECOND HAND DOG

SECOND HAND DOG
BY CAROL LEA BENJAMIN

This is a very quick read book.  There are a couple of rescue anecdotes at the beginning and you wonder, is this what the book is about.  We have had dogs for 50 years.  Some have been rescue  dogs and we bred and raised border collies. 

We learned through the school of hard knocks what we should or shouldn't do.  This is before computers made available anything you want to know. 

Even if you have raised Dogs and think you have learned all there is to learn I recommend you buy this book.  If you are getting your first puppy, or a shelter dog, or a dog who drops in out of nowhere and you aren't going to keep it but will have to live with the dog for a while, I recommend you get this book.

In reviews about the book they said, a book every shelter should have.  I think it is a book which should be in the basic cost of the animal.  It is easy reading and easily understood.

Your local library will have a copy, if they don't, it would be a good title to suggest to them to purchase.

Happy Homing your new dog, with this book it will be a breeze.

Other blog sites by me:
 
A blog mostly about quilting,
cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
 Tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
 Check out "A MYSTERY IN THE MAKING"
A mystery quilt designed with the novice in mind.
 
Where I have stories of my cats and other pets
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
A "Soap box" blog where I do air my opinions.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry,
blogs about Seed sprouting, insects, and garden pictures
Blog about an endangered beneficial beetle
 
All recipes, pictures, and writings are my own.
I give credit for items which belong to other people in my blogs .
Please do not copy without permission





No comments:

Post a Comment