Home

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

CAMPING OUT

Crate training, Wow, so much I don't know and will have to read about.  Maybe some of you have some suggestions on what we do now. 
 
 
Our first night in the crate was extremely successful.  He went right to sleep and didn't make a sound.  I had to make noise to wake him up the next morning.
 
Last night was a fiasco.  We put him in the crate about 5 minutes before we were to hit the sack.  He settled in and watched us finish our routine.  (The crate is covered on 3 sides so the cats walking around don't disturb him..). 
 
 
We were in bed about 15  minutes and I heard a whine.  It was one of the few nights I was dropping off to sleep with no trouble.  I barely heard the whine.  I didn't react and 5 minutes later I heard whining and scratching at the bars.  I went in and told him quiet (the birds started saying quiet and woof puppy dog). I covered the front of the crate just in case it was the cats who disturbed him.  I also turned off the night light.  I didn't make it to bed, when the howling started.  I walked back in and got his leash and put him out the door, saying, "Tonight, you're camping out Boych"! 
 
Turned on the porch lite and watched out the window to see if maybe I misread anything.  Thinking maybe he had to potty.  Nope, he was fine he circled and curled up on the door mat (His house is 2 feet away and he was  asleep in it this morning.)
 
This morning he was asleep at my feet while I was on the puter, I needed to go down stairs.  I put him in the crate.  It wasn't 5 minutes then he started the whining.  I did my work for about 20 minutes.  When I came up he was standing up, panicked.  He can't be left alone out of the crate, not because of the tinkle problem but because he has an affinity for chewing things, anything including drywall.  If his mouth touches it he chews it.  Its like the old adage about a consummate liar. 
"How do you know he's lying?  His mouth is moving." 
"How do I know he will chew on it, his mouth is touching it."
 
Off to research, "how to keep a dog happy in his crate."
 
Other blog sites by me:
 
A blog mostly about quilting,
cooking, poetry, prose and a little gardening,
 Tutorial on how to make 5 panel Boxer Shorts.
 Check out "A MYSTERY IN THE MAKING"
A mystery quilt designed with the novice in mind. 
 
Where I have stories of my cats and other pets
a blog about my courtship with my husband,
and a blog about my most embarrassing moment.
A "Soap box" blog where I do air my opinions.
 
blogs about the wildflowers on our farm
Organic methods we use, some cooking and some poetry,
blogs about Seed sprouting, insects, and garden pictures
Blog about an endangered beneficial beetle
 
All recipes, pictures, and writings are my own.
I give credit for items which belong to other people in my blogs .
Please do not copy without permission

No comments:

Post a Comment